I got them. Coudn't help myself at the price.
What to do with them? Maybe de-rib and experiment with damping, exit damping.
Pick up only. Less than 2 days to go and still $20. If someone doesn't bid I will. PMS me if you want me to not bid.
I got them. Coudn't help myself at the price.
What to do with them? Maybe de-rib and experiment with damping, exit damping.
Cool. You should have fun.
I don't know why folks d-erib, tho. They aren't really a problem.
My second pair. I think they will sit around for some time.

De-ribbing doesn't improve them, and ruins their value for resale..
adding mass is the key IMHO...last pair I had I mounted in boxes then poured plaster into them...crude but effective..
Most of the artifacts generated by horn resonances emanate from the bell...so I just stood them on their fronts and poured in a couple gallons, not totally filling the box,,,this concentrates all the mass at the front...a support bracket for the driver stiffens things and helps too...
Plaster can be broken up when unwanted...and it's pretty earth friendly in a landfill...or even a low spot in your yard..
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks